In addition to following major awards, many momentos have been given to me.
- Awarded certificate of Honor as “Best All Round Boy” at CMS Tyndale Biscoe School Srinagar.
- Awarded Certificate of Honor for Best Performance in Matriculation. Stood First in Kashmir Province.
- Recipient of Certificate of distinction for first rank in Pre – Medical Examination of University of Kashmir.
- Recipient of certificate of distinction for securing first position in order of merit in MBBS examination of University of Kashmir.
- Recipient of Dr. Ghulam Mohi–ud-din Falahi Amm Charity Trust “Gold Medal” for being the Best outgoing graduate.
- Recipient of Pestingi Gold Medal for being the Best outgoing MBBS graduate.
- Recipient of Pfizer post graduate Medical Award.
- Awarded “Silver Medal” at P.G.I. Chandigarh for first order performance in M.S.,General Surgery examination.
- Awarded life Time Achievement Award at the world Congress of clinical and Preventive Cardiology, 2006. Conferred by former President Of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in Rasthrapati Bhawan.
- Conferred the P K Sen Oration in 2009 by the Indian Association of Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Conferred the K.N.Dastur Oration in 2013 by the Indian Association of Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Awarded Life Time Achievement award by the Human Care Charitable Trust in 2014.
- Awarded Life Time Achievement Award by KECESS, Kashmir Education, Cultural and Science Society in view of my outstanding contribution in the field of Medical Sciences 2015.
- Awarded DMA Chikitsa Ratan Award by Delhi Medical Association in 2014.
- Felicitated by the Society of Heart Failure and Transplantation in Kochi, 2016 in recognition of the contribution in the Thoracic organ Transplantation in India.
- Felicitated by the Kashmir Medicos - Old Students Forum on 1st Dec, 2007 for my outstanding and meritorious Services to Medical profession.
- Felicitation in view of my valuable contribution in Indian organ Donation and Awareness Program in Year 2015.
- IMA-New Delhi Branch, Distinguished Service Award for my contribution to CME promotion - 18th March2007.
- Awarded Magnanimous Award for outstanding contribution in the field of cardiac and thoracic surgery by IMA Academy of Medical Specialities, Sept. 2007
- Appreciation award by Rotary Clubs of Faridabad in 2005. District 3010
- Received “Nagrik Abinandan” by the Gauravgatha Abnandan Samaro Samiti in 2010 at Agra.
Impact of the work done
I am a hard core professional with 17 to 18 hours dedicated to my daily professional work
I operate on an average 5-6 patients everyday and see about 10 new and 10 followup patients everyday. Briefly I impact almost 25 lives everyday and I feel it is blessing of God Almighty on me.
Performed cardiac surgeries on patients from all continents of the world.
Also as a byproduct of the same I keep training up my juniors and paramedics who would be an asset for the society by way of their professional contribution.
I have operated just over 28,000 patients for their cardiac and vascular ailments and at the same time there is an equal number of patients who are under my followup. So my family is almost 50,000 strong.