- Schooling From C.M.S. Tyndale Biscoe School, Srinagar
- Graduated from Medical College Srinagar (Best Outgoing Graduate)-Distinction in Pharmacology, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery and Gynae/Obst.
- Internship from Christian Medical College Vellore
- Post graduation from PGI Chandigarh (Medalist)
- M.Ch Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Pool Officer in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Faculty Member, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences from 1992 to 2004. Resigned as Additional Professor.
- WHO fellow at Boston Children Hospital and Brigham and Women hospital, Boston, U. S .A.
- Visiting fellow at Baylor School of Medicine for Aortic Surgery programme ( Under Dr Joseph Cosselli)
- Visiting fellow at University of Chicago for Heart Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support.
- Associated with the starting of four Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery programmes.
|1. Sri Sathya Sai Institute of higher medical sciences at Puttaparthy at Prashantnilayam, Andhra Pradesh|
|2. Sri Sathya Sai Institute of higher medical Sciences at Whitefield , Banglore. Karnataka|
|3. Max Heart and Vascular Institute, Saket New Delhi|
|4. Cardiac Surgery Program at Medanta The Medicity, under patronage of Dr. Naresh Trehan, Chairman and Managing Director of Medanta Hospitals.|